Wednesday

.Blind Love.

I saw Cadillac Records yesterday & the entire movie was amazing Beyonce played that part. She was cursing & crying all over the place. If you havent seen it stop reading because im about to ruin a small part for you. Anyway, Etta James{Beyonce} & Leonard Chess{Adrien Brody} have an affair & fall in love. Chess decides to sell the record label on which James was signed & in the scene she decides to sing one last song for him. It just so happens that song is a direct description of their situation. Beyonce must have been thinking about something tragic because she sang that song & cried all at the same time. While watching it i cried myself...it was touching. The scene, song, & lyrics are intense.

Here is a link to the video & the lyrics...




"Something told me it was over

When I saw you and her talkin'

Something deep down in my soul said, 'Cry, girl'

When I saw you and that girl walkin' around

Whoo, I would rather, I would rather go blind, boy

Then to see you walk away from me, child, no

Whoo, so you see, I love you so much

That I don't wanna watch you leave me, baby

Most of all, I just don't, I just don't wanna be free, no

Whoo, whoo, I was just, I was just, I was just

Sittin here thinkin', of your kiss and your warm embrace, yeah

When the reflection in the glass that I held to my lips now, baby

Revealed the tears that was on my face, yeah

Whoo and baby, baby, I'd rather, I'd rather be blind, boy

Then to see you walk away, see you walk away from me, yea

Whoo, baby, baby, baby, I'd rather be blind..."

No comments: